Sunday, July 31, 2011

Muchas Gracias

English Text – Le texte français suit.
I don’t usually write blog posts that are self-indulgent (except maybe the couple I wrote about my business travels and my kids’ graduations), but I just had to take a few minutes to write this thank you note of sorts to my many (!) readers.
When I started this “adventure in blogging” on April 1st, my thought was that I would be doing this for fun, and if I had a dozen or so friends and co-workers peek at the blog and download the podcasts, then I’d be happy.
Given that initial expectation, imagine my surprise when I look at the traffic statistics on this and my Tuesday blog. On Tuesdays I generally have between 75 and 100 weekly readers, and now my weekly stats on ITYWLTMT routinely hover around 100! That means over 175 times a week somebody somewhere in the blogosphere takes the time to look at what I have to say and sample the music I love.
I am overjoyed - and quite humbled!
I never could have imagined I’d garner such a following. Sure, I’m no Perez Hilton, but who’d have thunk that this little experiment of mine would have so exceeded my expectations?!?
Clearly, I have to thank my fellow music lovers from TalkClassical, who not only read my Tuesday musings, but have been teased into coming here for more musical discoveries.
Also, the French blogging has played a great role in boosting our numbers. As of now, my July numbers have exceeded 500 visitors, and (to my surprise!) almost 65% emanate from IP addresses registered in France.
Among the new features I have added in July, I have embedded the podcast to my weekly posts a few weeks ago, and I see that our Pod-O-Matic numbers are starting to grow, but they are not in the same league as my blog numbers. I know that visits do not equate to readers - according to my stats, I expect we probably have had between 20 and 40 different readers this month (based on specific pages viewed).

I wish I would hear more from you – in the form of comments and e-mails. But I also understand that this medium provides a great deal of anonymity, and it probably follows that people don’t leave much of a (paper-less) trail behind them.
This is why, for the next month, I will be conducting a reader survey (found on the left margin of the page) to try and get a feel for where the traffic is coming from, who is subscribing, etc, as Blogspot doesn’t provide a lot of insight – other than how many page views and the country of origin of the IP addresses, etc.
Please find the time to answer the simple question on the reader poll, and don’t be shy to provide comments and e-mails through this and the TalkClassical site.
Musically Yours,
Pierre
Please visit What’s New on ITYWLTMT to find out about our menu for August.
====================================================

Texte français
Je n’ai pas l’habitude d’écrire des billets hors-sujet, mais permettez moi cette petite indulgence.
J’aimerais remercier les visiteurs francophones d’ITYWLTMT, qui ont répondu en si grand nombre à mon invitation du 1er juillet. Après un mois sur ce blogue, je constate avec grande joie la croissance dans nos statistiques de fréquentation. Les statistiques peuvent être trompeuses, mais j’ai un nombre surprenant de visiteurs de France (au moment d'écrire ces lignes, près de 65% des 500 visites en juillet sont d'adresses IP Françaises!)
La fréquentation hebdomadaire de ce site (combinée aux visites sur mon blogue du mardi sur TalkClassical) se situe quelque part entre 175 et 200 visites, 5 fois plus de lecteurs que j’avais initialement escomptés. Mes attentes étaient sûrement modestes, mais je suis carrément aux oiseaux en ce qui concerne la fréquence de vos visites.
Je suis comblé – et ému.
En juillet, j'ai commencé à intégrer le montage hebdomadaire dans les billets du vendredi (avec le lecteur intégré Pod-O-Matic). Je constate une hausse du côté des baladodiffusions, mais la fréquence n'est pas comparable à celle de vos visites au blogue. Je sais fort bien, toutefois, qu'une visite n'est pas la même chose qu'un lecteur, et j'estime nos lecteurs entre 20 et 40 (d'après les pages visitées).
Autre déception mineure: pas beaucoup de feed-back de la part de mes lecteurs, soit sous forme de commentaires ou de courriels. Le Web est, d’abord et avant tout un média anonyme, et je peux comprendre la réticence de certains d’entre vous.
C’est pourquoi, pour un mois, je vais procéder à une consultation ad-hoc, un sondage de nos lecteurs (en marge de gauche), afin de mieux comprendre qui visite et qui fait quoi avec nos plateformes. Je vous invite donc à participer au sondage et aidez-moi à faire de ce blogue un rendez-vous de choix pour vous et les mélomanes de partout.
Encore une fois, merci beaucoup de prendre le temps de nous visiter!
Musicalement vôtre
Pierre
Visitez Quoi de neuf pour notre menu du mois d’août.

No comments:

Post a Comment