Sunday, April 1, 2012

It was on this day a year ago...




Remember this?

My cunning plan is to post a regular podcast (typically 60 to 90 minutes) where I allow my followers to “sample” some of my collection. I do this for my own amusement; as I do not have financial ambitions here… As I organize my music, I have found that looking for ways of grouping titles “programmatically” is not only a good way of organizing my collection, but also a nice “brain challenge”. In short, my postings will be “programmatic”. I will organize my samples either along “themes”, or by composer, or any which way that strikes my fancy. I hope that, as the weeks go by, you will better understand what I mean…

A year ago today, after several weeks of plotting, I clicked “publish” on my very first post on ITYWLTMT. As I recall, I committed myself to do this for “ten weeks” to see if there would be any takers.

Well, there were takers.

Of course, things didn’t just happen… After a few weeks of posting to what appeared to be an unresponsive audience, I joined the Classical Music forum TalkClassical, and, as they say, you know the rest of the story.

One year, 366 days, 143 posts, 49 montages later we are still here, visited by anywhere between 120 and 400 or so people every week, posting here and at many other places, in two languages. I’m quite satisfied with what I’ve managed to accomplish so far, and I hope you do too, and that you will continue to visit us regularlyto experience the music we love.

This coming Friday is a very significant milestone – Montage #50. The big five-O. And we will do this in grand style, I assure you. For this one time, I intend to post an extended montage, one that will go longer than our self-imposed 90-minute limit because, after all, it is a milestone, and an anniversary. I hope you won’t mind…


Don't forget to "like" us on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment