Thursday, September 1, 2022

All Good Things…

At this time, I usually issue a quarterly programming update and teaer for the remainder of the year, but this one will be a little different.

After much thinking over the summer months, and considering the load this activity has taken, I have decided that my 400th montage will be my last one, and that we will be putting an end to our regular activities at year end. Not an easy decision for me…

When we began this a little over 10 years ago, classical music accessibility landscape was under immense transformation – terrestrial radio services have been transformed by the advent of podcasting and streaming services, and access to classical music “on demand” is more accessible and prevalent. The need for my modest contribution has passed, I think.

When I looked forward to retirement, I thought I would have more time to dedicate to this activity but as it turns out, I feel I’m busier now than when I was working full time! Maybe it’s a temporary thing (with selling the house and moving into a new one being a chief preoccupation over the last few months) but I feel behind the eight ball all the time, and unable to get ahead of things like I used to.

I haven’t quite decided if this is going to be a long pause, s full stop, or something in between – I have a few months to figure that out. More to follow then in December…

September-December Programming

As I ave done since June, we will have regular (rather than daily) podcasts, following grand arcs:

For September, we will be revisiting the Mahler symphonies (with one montage and one Vinyl’s Revenge feeding the arc);

For October, we will be revisiting the Mozart Piano Concertos (with one Cover2Cover and one montage feeding that arc);

November is open right now, likely used to bring back some “In Memoriam” material (including one mintage dedicated to Jean Martinon whose death anniversary was overlooked last year)

Forr December, back to Tchaikovsky with a special crossover Cover2Cover post that will be our 400th montage).

We have still several weeks of Lundi avec Ludwig, and our Opera Alphabet with two planned “new” large works for the letters U and X.

Happy listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment