Thursday, July 11, 2019

Programming Notes – Summer/Fall 2019



Summers are typically busy at home, and work has been busier than usual for this time of year, so I’ve not been on top of things on the Blog and other platforms. As summer is usually a time when I put some of my Forum activities on hiatus, I’m hoping I can catch up on some housekeeping.

Project 366
I need to clean up some links and I need to publish the “Yellow Pages” for Part 3 of the Project (which concluded in June). I should wrap up all of that by the end of August, if not sooner.
The programming for Part 4 is generally done, and the series will resume in September for the final 66 Listener Guides. The tentative title of Part 4 is “Dates on the Musical Calendar”.

Upcoming Changes to our Pod-O-Matic Channel
Near the end of the summer, I plan to recast the channel – in large part to support Part 4 of Project 366 – and this calls for renaming and rebranding. I don’t want to spoil things by doing any pre-emptive announcements, but when things get more serious, I will issue a post with details. Suffice it to say we will be doing a lot more podcasts, and many of these will include past shares edited to be more “P-O-M-friendly”.

Fall Programming
Our summer programming will feature six new podcasts (as both July and August provide “Fifth week” opportunities), and I expect to have one OTF opera share.

In the fall, we will resume with our bi-monthly Tuesday Blogs, and there should be at least monthly OTF’s. Friday podcasts, however, may be more sparse, in part due to the (still unannounced) recasting of the Podcast channel, and in part to dovetail into our long-term programing objective of reaching Podcast # 365 in 2021, which will be our 10th anniversary year. (The number 365 isn’t a coincidence, and our long-term programming arc will explain that – all in due course).

Our year-long look at piano sonatas will continue in the Fall, with a distinct focus on Beethoven sonatas – you will see them “coupled” in some instances with piano concertos; I know we’ve already done the complete set early in our ITYWLTMT series, but revisiting them isn’t totally unpleasant…
Speaking of revisiting works already considered in past shares, Vinyl’s Revenge will complete sharing the “Late Mozart Piano Concertos” from the TIME-LIFE 5-LP set (which I began sgharing a couple years ago). More Tuesday shares in the works will complete our look at the Berlioz year, and take a nostalgic look at pianist Jörg Demus.

Have a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment