Friday, June 12, 2020

Mozart "Number One" Montage


This montage from our Podcast Vault revisits a post from October 14, 2011. It can be found in our archives at https://archive.org/details/MozartnumberOneMontage



 =====================================================================


One of the earliest thematic arcs we explored in the early days of ITYWLTMT was something I called “My Number One Obsession”, and today’s throwback montage dusts off one of the programs from that arc, this one dedicated to Mozart “Firsts”.

On the dance card, we have his first piano sonata, his first piano concerto, his first symphony and his first violin concerto. Some of the performances I retained are part of “complete sets” I have in my personal collection, with the exception of the first divertimento for strings, which was part of a 2-CD set of Mozart chamber works and works for orchestra featuring Pinchas Zukerman and some of the principal chairs of the National Arts Centre Orchestra.

As our bonus track, here is the first serenade for orchestra, performed by Chamber Orchestra Mannheim, under Jirí Malát



I think you will (still) love this music too.

No comments:

Post a Comment