We’re already coming to the final quarter of 2016 – things sure happen fast!
Here are some of the posts I have planned for October, November and December:
I plan three new installments to Project 366;expect that once a month, on a Sunday, I will issue an installment of that project. More on the Project 366 page.
- Friday Blog and Podcast
- A trio of montages explore music either inspired or intended for the Stage and Screen – a long-overdue (and nostalgic) survey of the music John Williams composed for the “original” Star Wars Trilogy (NEW PODCAST), stage works by Sibelius (NEW PODCAST) and a montage of works inspired by the works of William Shakespeare (NEW PODCAST).
- A pair of montages will feed our ongoing Project 366 in later chapters – a re-creation of the “scandalous concert” led by Arnold Schoenberg (a few months before another scandalous ballet performance) in 1913 (NEW PODCAST), and the “Morning, Noon and Night” trilogy of Haydn symphonies (NEW PODCAST).
- As we do every year, I plan to have my “Year end Review” and YouTube collage playlist for you to enjoy at the end of 2016
- Other Platforms
- Once Upon the Internet – Bach Cello suites (PTB), the piano music of Scott Joplin (PTB Part 1, Part2) and a collection of WGBH podcasts (PTB)
- Vinyl’s Revenge – Berlioz’s Symphonie Fantastique (PTB), Marriner conducts Stravinsky (PTB) and Respighi’s Roman Trilogy (PTB)
- Opera – La Bohème by… Leoncavallo (OTF), Le Roi d'Ys (Lalo - OTF), La Wally (Catalani, OTF)
- The Creation (Haydn, OTF)
All of our Tuesday, Friday and ad-hoc posts, as well as OTF and YouTube Channel updates get regularly mentioned (with links) on our Fan Page. If you are a user of Facebook, simply subscribe to get notified so you never miss anything we do!