Friday, December 27, 2019

Child's Play & Year In Review 2019


This montage from our Podcast Vault revisits a post from December 21, 2012. It can be found in our archives at https://archive.org/details/ChildsPlay_479



 =====================================================================



Normally, when we dig into the Podcast Vault on Fridays, I provide a fresh musing on a past montage, and provide a bonus track via YouTube. This week, however, I will not be doing that. If you wish to read my original take – assorted with a then-bonus clip, please use the hyperlink I provided at the top of the page.

This week, I will rather use the opportunity to provide my “Year In Review” and collected annual assemblage of assorted YouTube clips.

2019 was a busy year for us on ITYWLTMT. Among the highlights, we spent a lot of time this year on collections: Part Three of Project 366 proposed a good number of collections from Bach’s concertos to Stravinsky’s ballets, without forgetting Beethoven and Mozart. The latter two composers were also featured throughout the year in our Friday montages, where we completed our overall survey of their piano sonatas.

In September, we rebranded our Pod-O-Matic channel into a daily share portal, walking through old and new Listener Guides from Project 366. We are almost done with our first four months of daily podcasts, and will provide our next tranche in calendar form on or around New Year’s day.
We have continued with our bi-weekly Tuesday Blog, and are setting up for 2020’s “Beethoven Year” with fresh shares of some of our favourite Ludwig works – sonatas, concertos, symphonies and the Missa Solemnis, interspersed with other selections in our ongoing Cover 2 Cover and Vinyl’s Revenge series.

Our Friday programming for 2020 will continue to be somewhat sporadic as we intertwine Podcast Vault selections (per the Project 366 calendar) with new podcasts; by the end of 2020 we will have created fewer original montages than in past years. We are on track, however, to issue our 365th podcast in August 2021. (TEASER - in September 2020, we will embark into another cycle of daily shares – more on that as we get closer).

Among our new montages, you will get a good dose of Mozart, Bruckner and (inevitably) Beethoven. (I plan something special with our 2021 “daily programming” with Mozart, so I need to get more titles in the bank, as it were.)

One area I have neglected in the last few months are my posts on OperaLively. I will admit I feel quite overwhelmed with preparing the daily shares, much more than I originally thought, actually. As a result, I made the conscious decision to put Once or Twice a Fortnight on hiatus. My hope is to resume opera posts next fall, when I’m done with Project 366.

Before I forget: we are planning a trip to a warm spot in mid-January. I’ll do my best to queue up material, but if I don’t, I promise to catch up!

Always appreciate your comments and reactions on our many platforms, including Facebook and Twitter. Jeep them coming!

Happy and Safe New Year to everyone! Please enjoy our “Video Favourites” for 2019.


No comments:

Post a Comment