Our monthly arc for February is “Double Double”, where I will program music for two performers, or “twofers”. On my monthly contributionon Hubub, I will also link to past posts from our many series that fit the mold.
- February 6 – “Piano, Piano” – works for two pianists in two piano or piano four hands format. Works by Bartok, Fauré, Arensky and Schuibert. http://itywltmt.blogspot.com/2015/02/piano-piano.html
- February 13 – “Aria, Aria” – Duets from opera and elsewhere. Works by Lehar, Wagner and Meyerbeer. http://itywltmt.blogspot.com/2015/02/aria-aria.html
- February 20 – “Vivaldi, Vivaldi, Part One” – The first of two montages of double concertos by the Red Priest, including well-known concertos for two mandolins and two trumpets. http://itywltmt.blogspot.com/2015/02/vivaldi-vivaldi-part-1.html
- February 27 – “Vivaldi, Vivaldi, Part Two” – In this second installment, a complete set of concertos for flute and violin featuring Isaac Stern, Jean-Pierre Rampal and the Franz Liszt Chamber Orchestra. http://itywltmt.blogspot.com/2015/02/vivaldi-vivaldi-part-2.html
- February 3 – The Podcast Vault. Our September 2012 podcast features two Mozart double concertos, and Mendelssohn’s concerto for piano and violin. The podcast will be streaming on our Pod-O-Matic Channel until February 28. http://www.talkclassical.com/blogs/itywltmt/1801-mozart-mozart-mendelssohn.html
- February 10 – Vinyl’s Revenge. The two Brahms piano concertos, performed by Daniel Barenboim and the New-York Philharmonic under Zubin Mehta. http://www.talkclassical.com/blogs/itywltmt/1802-brahms-brahms.html
- February 17 – Once Upon the Internet. Mozart sonatas for violin and piano, featuring violinist Walter Barylli http://www.talkclassical.com/blogs/itywltmt/1828-mozart-mozart-barylli-badura.html
- February 24 – La Chroinique du DIsque. This month, recordings by Percy Graunger, Kent Nagano and the Montreal Symphony, and violinist Michael Rabin. http://www.talkclassical.com/blogs/itywltmt/1832-la-chronique-du-disque.html
Once or Twice a Fortnight
NOTE: Since OTF posts do not get published on set dates, make sure to visit OperaLively regularly or …
Subscribe to our ITYWLTMT Fan Page on Facebook
All of our Tuesday, Friday and ad-hoc posts, as well as OTF and YouTube Channel updates get regularly mentioned (with links) on our Fan Page. If you are a user of Facebook, simply subscribe to get notified so you never miss anything we do!