Friday, December 25, 2020

Christmas Day and Year In Review (2020)

This montage from our Podcast Vault revisits a post from December 25, 2015. It can be found in our archives at 
https://archive.org/details/pcast212


 =====================================================================

Today isn’t a usual Podcast Vault post, as I am not proposing a new take or a filler YouTube clip.  I will refer you back to what I provided as commentary when I originally issued the montage.

What I will do instead is use this opportunity to do my “Year in Review”.

We will all agree that 2020 is a forgettable year, dominated by the pandemic, the public health emergency and the socio-economic impacts that followed. Speaking for myself, I was fortunate that I could work from home, and that my immediate family has (so far) avoided contracting the ‘Rona.

As far as our activities are concerned, I kept going in the hope that my posts and shares could serve as a momentary distraction to our daily concerns. In 2020, we completed our Project 366 and launched with another daily podcast series, this time focused on our Friday Blogs ad Podcasts. We are now nearly a third of the way through that series, and are on track to publishing our 350th montage next week (as we traditionally do for milestones, it will be an extended montage that blows past our self-imposed 90-minute limit).

The series will conclude on Tuesday August 31st with Montage #365, a “Fifth Tuesday” quarterly release which will introduce our “anniversary series” for the Tuesday Blog. Look for more on that when we get close!

The pace at which we have been publishing new podcasts has been somewhat unpredictable ; we have 16 montages planned between now and late August, which maps out to about 2 a month, though the timing is interweaved with our greater calendar. Please consult the calendar (or subscribe to our podcasts) so you don’t miss anything!

As for the Tuesday Blog, we will continue to publish them fortnightly with both YouTube and Pod-O-Matic shares. As this year will be our 10th anniversary of the Tuesday Blog, I plan to resurrect “classic” music link/YouTube playlist shares and will interleave them with our Vinyl’s Revenge and Cover 2 Cover series.

In the Fall, we resumed providing some content on OperaLively – mostly in the form of “Short Stories” that are coupled to already planned Daily Podcasts. I plan to keep to that formula until the Fall, where we may provide more Opera programming – as our collaboration with Luiz and his forum are also nearing the 10 year mark.

Before sharing our “video favourites” (a running playlist of most of the single clips we used throughout the year), I wanted to again thank our friends and followers for their continued support and (too few) comments against our material. I’d love to see more of you subscribe to our Podcasting channel, though I’m always pleased to see you subscribe to our YouTube channel…

Happy Holidays to all

Pierre

Video Favourites Playlist - https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6swnss9F7SEXDc9zpMAlTLn2Vmduc_qD

No comments:

Post a Comment